What to wear for your Maternity photo shoot?
1. Colors - I like solid colors: white, black, brown, gray.
2. Fabrics - look for thin clingy, not necessarily tight, fabrics with a little stretch.
3. Pants - jeans (any color), black pants (yoga pants work well). It doesn't matter if you're wearing maternity jeans with a big, stretchy band. I make it all work.
4. Dresses - these can be incredibly beautiful but choose carefully. Look for dresses that cling to your shape, not the loose, comfortable style. Dresses with rouching at the side seams work beautifully.
5. Tops - I like big, white, button-down, men's shirt. Any shirt or cardigan that opens down the front works well
6. Sleeves - Long-sleeved shirts tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps also work.
7. Necklines - select v-necks, squarenecks or deep scoop necks.
8. Tanks or camisoles - anything clingy, fitted or stretchy in solid colors (white, black, pink, blue...)
9. Jewelry & watches - in general, avoid them (unless there's a really good story behind the piece). The BIG exception is wedding and engagement rings! Classic, small and tasteful pieces like pearl or diamond studs make sense and are totally appropriate.
10. Special & unique - unusual items like large swaths of fabrics. Consider saris or large and luxurious scarves. Consider fabrics that are exceptionally sheer or have a little bit of sheen.
What should the "New Dad" wear?
· Men should bring jeans or khaki pants or any other dark bottoms.
· I encourage soft (not starched), plain white shirts. Cotton and linen are both great choices.
· Throw a regular, WHITE and/or BLACK crew-neck t-shirt in the bag, too.
· Bring solid, dark colors like black, dark brown, navy blue and charcoal gray tops and bottoms. Layers are great; wear the t-shirt under a crew- or v-neck sweater or jacket.